Monday, July 26, 2010

Nobody listens to Folk music

Well, except in Estonia, apparently, where Folk festivals are hugely popular. The biggest one is in Viljandi, held for 4 days. This year it had a theme "It's going to be a dance".

So, I got quite a bit of dancing in. Still a bit tired from it, even after two days... although, there may well be some residual tiredness left from my Australia trip.

Anyways, some things that I remember:
I got to dance waltz again after about 12 years of pause.. as a part of one of Latvian folk dances.

Saw a girl that was 1 cm taller than me during the Zetod concert. I stood right behind her and could measure.. I bet the people behind the two of us were quite pissed, though :P

Between two concerts, I (by accident) sat next to a very nice girl who seemed to be drawing something - looking towards the dance field where nothing seemed to stay still for long enough to actually be drawn. We exchanged a few words and then had a few dances. She was very cute :=)

Crazy Russian group Otava Yo who had a very energetic stage presence and music to go along with it. Sadly, the concert had no room for dancing because it was packed so full of people.

Everywhere the concerts were being videotaped - by girls - and fairly cute ones at that. Camera girl is the new weather girl?

Old friends and acquitances you meet, of course. Especially memorable was the scene of Annika and Richard arriving with their dinner and sharing some of it with me, at the last concert of the day. That was very sweet of them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment