Saturday, June 4, 2011

Last night I had that dream again (or Sweet Dreams, vol 3)

I almost never remember my dreams, but this morning, I did so pretty vividly.

I had just been drafted, and was riding in a bus to a military encampment... calling my boss and explaining what had happened and asking if he could do something, for if not, he would have to reschedule all of the next semesters teaching duties. Also thinking that hey, I had been released from military duty a few years ago... but then again, that exercise would probably do me good.

Oh yes, and panicking about losing my dreads, of course. That probably being the only thing classifying it as a nightmare...

I have had a pretty stressful week behind me. Waking up each morning at 7 or 8 to have a meeting with someone (journalist, students, rector, ex-boss and vice-dean, resp.) and then spending the last two hours of each day at the library, doing volounteer work helping students with their maths problems. As most of the waking time was spent working, and I still had a considerable sleep dept from last week, I was pretty burnt out by the end of it.

As for the military theme, that probably came from one of my friends who had just been released from his one year of mandatory service and whom I met up with yesterday. Talked a bit, played some music and then headed to a party a mutual friend had invited us to. Got back from there at around 4, feeling pretty good on average, both about a full week of work, and life in general too..

And, I actually have to admit, seeing a vivid dream in over a few years was a nice cherry on the cake for the past two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment