Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Student days

Nearly a month without posting again. Initially due to too much work, now due to not enough. Yes, least for me there is a hair-thin sweet spot - too little and I start feeling guilty, too much and I get exhausted.

Anyways, last week has been pretty nice.

Student days started with a night singing festival, which I attended with my girlfriend (TK from now, as T. is taken) and which was very enjoyable - partly because I love singing but partly because the person I was with seemed to do the same.

The next day one of my friends called me and asked me to join her at night orienteering competition. It was unexpected but I gladly joined her. The night (which started at 9 and ended at 3) was quite enjoyable, me mostly cycling around to get the further-out points while my two team-mates walked to the ones closer by. TK briefly joined us, but then had to get back home to study and sleep.

On saturday, I had yet another team event planned: student extreme. This involved spraying onlookers with cold water from a hose, being tossed around in a wooden wheel and then climbing inside a 45 degree pipe with people tossing water on us from above. After this hell of an ordeal, the team split up - me having to go through yet another pipe, this time horizontal, but spinning on its axis. Thakfully, this did not require any arm strength and so I made it through and past the finish line - not feeling my arms and being wet from the water thrown in the first pipe. My teammates had both taken an opportunity to swim in the river, though - and oh how I envied them.

A quick change of clothes at home (I forgot to bring a spare to the event) and then I was off to a birthday party of a collaegue. Most of the night was spent talking to R.E. and T.T., who met there face to face first time).

Sunday evening, I had Indrek and K. come over. They brought cake.

Monday, I dragged myself to work, but did not really get much done there. At some point I decided to call it a day and we went for a bike ride with T.K. - nice weather, beautiful nature and towards the end - sun setting. Idyllic. She confessed that at the moment, everything in her life was as she wanted - and I conceded the same for myself.

After sending her off to her place, I cycled back to the office, then home and then off to L. for a barbacue celebrating the beginning of spring. The remnants of the cake found their quick and satisfying end, and the evening ended with playing with fire - literally (but thankfully not getting burnt yet). 

No comments:

Post a Comment