Wednesday, March 9, 2011

From One Path to Another

There is a Path (Raja) Street in Tartu that is to locals synonymous with the mental hospital situated at its end. In Tallinn, there is a street with the same name - with the main attraction being the IT-College.

Yesterday I took the trip from one to the other, for I had a meeting with the director of the IT college to talk about the future of IT education. He explained the ideas behind his school and how they managed to get the costs down and quality up. Gave me quite a few good ideas.

I also stopped by a guitar shop to try an acoustic bass guitar. It actually sounded a lot better than I thought an acoustic bass would. I have wanted to try playing one for ages, but I haven't seen any on display in the stores in Tartu.

Afterwards, I went to see a friend, and then stopped by my mom's to wish her a Happy Women's day. My uncle was also there and he gave me a lift back to the bus station.

The decision to go to Tallinn for just one day actually came to me just yesterday evening, when I realized that Tuesday would be the only day this week that I could - and the guy I went to meet would not be there the next week.

In any case, it's been a pretty busy few days.
Saturday: Morning - tabletop role playing game. Evening - Birthday of two colleagues
Sunday: Morning - lab sesssion with high school students. Evening - Dancing class and band practice (with me serving pasta with mushrooms and octopus)
And on Monday I actually did some work... and then had a long chat with La. in the evening, when we were the last two people left at work.

On Monday, I got another good proposal for what to do after graduation. But after considering it, I decided to stay on the course I had chosen for myself beforehand and still stay with the University. Which may mean cutting some ties with the other company I am working for. Which is probably not something I should worry about.

And I don't. Because even if it is, I am still young, and have ways to go before reaching PNR, as my uncle so insightfully noted. So I still have time to make mistakes and to learn from them. After all, experience is what you get when you do not get what you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment