Sunday, October 9, 2011

Crime and punishment

For the past two days I have been discovering the joys of preparing for a public debate.

A few revelations:
a) Law texts are near impossible to read and even harder to interpret right. I have newfound respect for lawyers...
b) Homework takes time... a lot of time. Even if presentation is short, the amount of work that can go into it is enormous.
c) Processes at the level of the society are a lot more complicated than I first imagined. So much for a simple view of the world.
d) I am a bit out of my league. Thank god I am not debating my side alone. The fact is we are facing a true heavyweight, which is why I am putting in all this homework.
e) All this can be surprisingly enjoyable, as the amount of new things you learn when entering a new field is quite staggering.

I feel I should just stop reading now as my brain is nearing critical mass

Edit: For those of you interested in the result - link

No comments:

Post a Comment