Sunday, November 13, 2011

The weekend I needed.

Thursday was a 14-hr workday. I got home at 2 AM in the morning.

Only to wake up at 9 and have another 8 hrs - with two consecutive seminars held, one with masters students and for 2 hrs, another with our faculty, lasting 3.

And then I had half a Taiji practice to give on top of all this. So by 8 p.m. I was pretty much putty, both physically and mentally.

Just the perfect time to go meet a nice girl for coffee.. and then go spend the rest of the evening with two good friends who had decided to drop in unexpectedly (and so had to wait for a few hours, by which time they managed to do away with half of my sweets and all of my candles). The three of us had a lot of fun, and it continued for them even after I set off to bed.

The whole of Saturday was spent playing a single 10-hour session of "Arkham horror". Also just the perfect thing to do after an exhausting week.

And now, Sunday, which me and my roommate spent fixing my couch with a drill, steel wire and spare computer parts.

Back to work tomorrow - with quite a few new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment