Monday, January 30, 2012

Homeless for a day

Well, almost.

After getting back from Pärnu, I realized I had misplaced my keys. After searching all my pockets thrice, I first called the place I stayed at to see whether I had left the keys there. As this did not seem to be the case.. I got a bit anxious, but calmed myself quickly by finding another plausible hypothesis: that I had left keys home, and that my roommate had locked me out with his.

Next call was to my friend who should have had my spare key. She did not, however, having had forgotten it in a box in an attic in a place where she formerly lived. Nevertheless, she invited me over to a mutual friend who she was currently staying at.

And when I got there, she hit me with a laptop. Within 10 minutes of me getting there. I completely deserved it, though, being pretty tired and thus quite inconsiderate of other people.

When i got there, the battery to my phone also ran empty - so I was away from my home, and without my phone. So I had no alarm clock. This was not a problem, as the friend I was staying with had just woken up and planned to be working through the night.

Insomnia. Despite being quite tired, I only got to sleep at around 1... only to be woken up by the friend jumping on my bed at 8.15.

Got to work at 9.15. Very cold outside, but nice, also. Took the key to my office from the guard, grabbed a cup of coffee and then started work. Went to lunch at around one, bought a recharger cable for my phone and got back....

to a student waiting for me - which made me remember I had had two appointments for that day, and that I had already missed one (as my external memory had run out of juice). Thankfully, the other appointment was still around in the building, so I found him and apologized (after having finished with the first).

Oh yes, and my roommate had found my keys from inside my other coat, like I suspected... so everything ended well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment