Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Unusual

Yesterday, I went to see basketball for the first time in my life. Reason - I had been given the season ticket for my services as one of the new advertisement faces posted at the basketball court. "Thoughtful sport" - with pictures that have scientists staring down basketball players.

The guy I was posted opposed against, Rain Veideman, played most of the match, and was either the biggest or the second biggest scorer. UT won over Tallinn University100-something to 60-something.

After that, it was back to the university library, to the mathematics helpdesk me and Taavi have been organizing. It was an unusually busy evening there. I guess word is catching on.

Once we finished at around 1 a clock, Taavi drove me home. I threw my bag in the door, grabbed my staff and went to the nearby park to practice my juggling. It's improving, but as with every skill, it takes time and patience - both of which I somewhat lack recently.

After getting home, I cooked dinner, then grabbed my book and two pillows, threw them into the (empty) bath tub and climbed in after them in order to read.

The reason for me reading in the bath tub is actually quite prosaic - the lightbulbs of my floor lamp both burned out recently and I had not yet had time to go to the store and replace them - so I had no way of lighting my bedroom enough to read there. Bathroom was the next sensible option.

As has been usual recently, I fell asleep at around 3.

1 comment:

  1. Good! We can practice together then. I started with juggling here, but I still struggle with 3 balls and prefer acrobatics much more (we had circus workshops).

    ReplyDelete