Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Once in a Blue Moon

Had a board game evening with my colleagues. Of the 7 people invited, 2 had fallen sick and 1 had not received the invitation ( UT mail accounts get closed a few weeks after you graduate, as I found out ). So I invited a few friends over who live close by. One of them could join us for games, but the other just promised to stop by to pick up something she had left at my place.

We had ostrich egg omelet for dinner. And yes, one egg is enough to feed 6 people. To get to the egg, you need to drill two holes in the opposite sides of the egg.. and then blow out the insides. Taste is quite comparable to that of normal chicken eggs, but there is nevertheless a difference. Can't really say which one is better, though.

The board game I had gotten for my birthday, "Robo rally", turned out to be really fun. You had to make plans for each turn.. and then watch the plan fall to pieces because of the actions of others. Who, mostly, were not even intentionally trying to screw you. Fun was had by all.

After two games, it was 11 at night and we called it quits - my colleagues wanted to go home to sleep, and I had a party I had planned to go to.

"The Equator" as it is called. The midway point between beginning and end of the bachelors programme for biology students. I attended it two years ago, and the impressions were really good. So good, in fact, that I almost did not want to go to India last year because that made me miss the party.

But I did get to go this year. And it was still pretty good.. although, unlike two years earlier, I knew just one person there this time... . but, then, what are parties for than for meeting new and interesting people. That and dancing of course.

I realised I had not been dancing for nearly a year. Shame on me. I really should do it more often. The two hours today really made me understand what I have been missing.

And, although dancing alone is also quite ok, its always better to do it with someone... especially someone you like. And then to sink into a couch alongside that person, just lay back and talk about life, universe and everything. And to send her home later on.

Seriously, what have I been doing for this past year?

Oh, right.

2 comments: