Friday, April 8, 2011

E-learning spring conference

I have spent the past 3 days at an e-learning conference.

I was invited to speak at the first day about "The role of the teacher in the changing world". The talk turned out ok, but somewhat less so than I expected of myself after 8+ hours of working on it. Provided for a good learning opportunity though, and sparked some discussion as well, so it probably filled its purpose and I have no real regrets :)

The rest of the conference was filled with good networking opportunities, as Anne made it her mission to introduce me to everyone even remotely important - and she turned out to have some pretty good connections. The foreign guests were of fairly high caliber, and she seemed to know quite a few of them personally.

As for the talks, they contained relatively little in terms of important information, but I had a lot to learn from the way they actually gave the talks. Especially so from a lecture on the second day, which was exactly the lecture that I would have wanted to be able to give myself, but for which I lacked the experience, skill and background. But that is normal, considering the speaker was twice my age, and had probably spent most of it teaching.

The conference dinner was at a night club, which meant that after the awards ceremony was over, they cranked up the music. This made having a conversation impossible - but provided an opportunity for dancing. Even two ballroom dances :)

All in all, it was a good conference - even considering I was somewhat underslept. But then again, that's what coffee is for, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment