Wednesday, April 13, 2011

True freedom is slavery

I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art. (long pause) I don't do that so much anymore.
- Banksy, "Exit Through the Gift Shop"

This could easily turn into a discussion about what is art and when is it good...

But I will leave that for some other time, when I meet up with one of my artist friends.

Anyways, I have spent most of today working.. and discussing how the higher education might be the next big bubble to burst since the financial bubble a few years back...

All the signs are there by the way...

I am somewhat manic after the movie today. Not entirely sure why, although it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long while.

What was interesting was to exit the theater only to find that the sun was just about to set - so it was still light outside... and then to walk through the center as the sun is setting.. and to walk past a group of russian youths listening to dance music at our faculty parking lot...

I now have two friends over - one invited, the other just dropping by.

Probably going to send one of them home to the other side of Tartu later. Today was the first day I biked to work and back this spring.. and I really did not realize how much I missed the feeling of freedom bicycling gave me...

No comments:

Post a Comment