Monday, April 18, 2011

Long journey home

I had nothing to do yesterday. So I asked a few friends over for a movie..

But that was for 8 p.m. At it was just 5 p.m.

So I went bicycling. And it was pretty smooth sailing, first to Ihaste, then to Luunja, then to Kavastu...

Spring sun shining low, illuminating the fields, hedges and old abandoned barnhouses. Just Idyllic.

At Kavastu, I looked at the time.. I had been out for a bit over an hour. So I thought I best start back.. but I thought I'd take a different route this time.

So I did.

Problem was that the different route was unpaved...

And then there was the wind...

I spent the next 24 km pedaling against it, racing to get home before my guests did.

Thankfully, both were late. Nevertheless, I still arrived 5 minutes after they did..

But they weren't mad. E. commented that "I don't think we would have been mad even if you arrived an hour late, provided you looked in as bad a state as you currently do", noting the fact that I had slight trouble walking once I got off the bike.

Thankfully, nothing permanent. And it was a very pleasant evening, not one I plan to forget any time soon...

But I am considering repeating it - although, in hindsight 50 km for the first longer trip of the year was probably a slight overkill...

No comments:

Post a Comment