Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dodging a bullet

I had another off-by-one-month error. Third one, in half a year, and second one in two weeks. Maybe I should rest, or something...

Then again, rest is for the weak. This one did get resolved, however - I called the travel company and they had not bought the plane tickets out yet so I could change them to one day later - so now I am going to a wedding just before going to Australia. And will be back just in time for Viljandi Folk (although - I am not entirely sure I am going).

In other news, I went to see Bjarne Stroustrup who gave a lecture on the design principles behind C++. It was a very interesting lecture, with quite a few fun facts. For instance, while Sun and Microsoft spent billions on their Java and .Net respectively, Bjarne had at one point also discovered he had a marketing budget - of 5000 dollars, 1000 of it having been spent when he discovered it. So, he just used 3000 of it to buy beer at the first C++ conference, and then sent the rest back, as "it was clearly ridiculous".

I may or may not have an exam on monday. Depends on whether I will have time to study for it, as Ivan has kindly agreed to call it off if I havent, since I don't want credits for it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment