Monday, May 10, 2010

Meaning of life

This morning, as I was getting coffee for the weekly breakfast meeting, I accidentally saw a paper lying in the printer room.. that seemed to be exactly about the same thing I have been working on for 2 weeks, only they seemed to be doing it better.

The prospect of throwing away my two weeks work did not sit well with me, so I asked whose it was and whether I could borrow it. I could, on the pretense I would write a review for it while I was at it. Which was quite OK by me as I got to write my very first paper review.

Thankfully, they were working in a different model and achieved their results with a lot of precomputation. It was still an interesting and somewhat inspiring read though.

I finished coding for now, having finalised the division protocol just this Sunday. I will take a few days off during the end of this week - Thursday is a holiday and I was told most people take the Friday off too while they are at it.

The indian guy seems quite nice. Has a good sense of humor though. Like publicly telling everyone he is currently trying to install a keylogger to his friends computer because his friend wants to spy on his girlfriend.

Oh yes, and I think I actually feel good again.. there are quite a few hard things ahead but at least I think I have a direction again...

Or something resembling one, anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment