Sunday, August 22, 2010

Not a dull moment

I spent most of yesterday reading a book. Have not done that in a while and it was actually quite nice - to just lie in the sun on the lawn and read "French ja Koulu Tarbatus" (which is a good self-parody of Estonians, but also mocks national stereotypes and, of course, semioticists)

At about 4 pm L. called and said she was in town.. til about 6... and she had some stuff to do before meeting me. Still, it was a nice hour and a half.. and I like her more and more with each time we meet :)

When I had sent her to the bus, I called another friend of mine from Taiji class. We practiced a bit and then had a long conversation about priorities and philosophy... that lasted til about 9 a clock.

Walking home, I realized I still had too much of the hot chili left over from the day before.. so I called T. and asked if she wanted to come and help me with it. She was a bit ill and had just started preparing dinner herself, so was not to keen on joining me. So I called another friend - R. - who, as it turned out, was just about to start his birthday celebrations.

Needless to say, I volounteered to bring the food:P

So I went home, packed up my board games, grabbed a pack of rice and some cumin seeds as well as the chili and then was ready to go..

Before I got out of the room, however, my phone rang again and R. called to say there was a change of venue because he had misplaced his keys and could not get into his apartment... happens, I suppose.

The party itelf was pretty small - just a gathering of a few people. I cooked the rice and heated up the chili, then we ate and played a round of Risk.. and then two rounds of Fluxx. The second round just kept on going though, so we just had to cut it short after having cycled the pack twice.

We got to cycle back through pouring rain. Thankfully, the place was pretty close. I got home a bit after 3 and went straight to sleep.


Today - well I spent 2 hours at a doctors waiting room (I did not have a formal appointment, he just said over the phone he would try to squeeze me in somewhere). Mostly spent reading. Got back to the office, called my supervisor - who confirmed that the strange proof seems ok, although some things need to be clarified...

And now I am off again to my other office to see if I have left one very important book there, since my supervisor does not seem to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment