Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Recovery

Went to the post office today (to send a birthday card to my grandmother) only to realize it wasn't there any more. And I could have sworn it still was there like... ... half a year ago... okay, that explains it.

Things change, apparently.

Went to the Kaubamaja to buy the postcard and a stamp from there.. only to realize I had forgot to take a pen. So I headed back toward the office and stumbled onto a - guess what - the new central post office. Which I must have walked past 10-20 times by now.

Bought a new postcard from there. A lot cheaper and nicer. Someone saw me slide the old one into my pocket - wonder if they suspected me of stealing... probably :P

Good clean grief you must believe and I ain't no thief. Law abiding and all, all legal.

Grief. Yes, a natural reaction when you lose a friend. When you lose the only person you really could speak to who you knew would listen and understand, without feeling you were a burden for them. I have the required symptoms for a depression diagnosis. Which do trust me, are not fun - unless you would somehow enjoy three weeks filled mostly with apathy, tiredness, sleep problems and inability to feel pleasure.

The manual does state that a month of grief is normal, however... and it is indeed starting to get better. Taiji helped. So do a few other factors. L., mainly. Although breaking the coffee habit probably also helped. Clean for a week now.

Interestinlgy, the mood has been fairly stable. No regrets, really. Nothing obvious I did wrong or should necessarily have done better. Just life - learn to accept the things you cannot change and to try to change only the things you can.

How to get mint cocoa - make a cup of mint tea for yourself. Drink it. Leave for half an hour. Then go get a cup of cocoa. See a teabag floating in the cocoa and realize this is how it works. Tastes pretty good, by the way :)

I was fairly convinced I was way behind on my work.. but now when I actually managed to write up the estonian summary in just a few hours, I may rethink that view. That was the last part of the thesis, by the way. Practically done with formatting too. Only thing that is left is to review the last paper and potentially rewrite it somewhat. If I still have a lot of time left after that, I may actually add another chapter on recent new ideas that my supervisor has been having that would make the thesis a bit more complete. But that is somewhat improbable, since we haven't quite worked out the details yet. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Selle kakaovärgi proovin kunagi ära, tundub põnev. Ja postkontori ärakolimisest olin ma ka hämmingus (ja ma möödun sealt mitu korda nädalas ning saadan kirju keskmiselt korra kuus!). Postkontor kolis umbes kuu või kaks tagasi, seega mitte hirmus ammu.
    Khm. ma nüüd vist peaks hakkama seda referaati tegema, mis talvest saati ripakil on. Septembris näeme!
    §

    ReplyDelete