Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Today was a Monday

Despite it actually being Tuesday. Mainly because yesterday, it felt like a Sunday.

Anyways, it was a good Monday. I woke up fairly early, to catch a bus to Tallinn. Got some work done on the bus (on an e-learning manual I was asked to help with).

While sitting in a bus in Tallin, an ex classmate of mine rode by me on her bike and waved. I waved back. That was a nice coincidence.

In Tallinn, I had a doctor's appointment, because I thought I had an ear infection. The doctor confirmed my suspicions, but said it was an ear canal problem (as opposed to inner ear) and should clear up on its own. When I told her about feeling tired all the time, she said it was normal, with the heat and the time differential and the coffee I have been drinking.

After getting to my mom's, I had to run a few errands - first go and buy a gift for my first cousin and then to return some books for my mom. That took about 2 hours, after which I got back just in time to catch a ride to that said first cousin's birthday.

The birthday was, like most of our family gatherings, somewhat ackward. Since no-one really had anything to talk about with the others, people just complained, either about their own lives or about the food (which was, in their defense, a bit undercooked in some cases). My cousin made occasional snyde remarks on these topics, but it seems that sarcasm is something that is beyond most of my relatives. I enjoyed it though - and a healthy dose of it does come in handy in situations like these.

I gave him the book "Games people play" - probably one of the most sensible practical psychology books out there.. at least a fun read, if nothing else. I bought one copy for myself too.

About the preceeding week.. or rather, preceeding two weeks... I would like to quote Metallica:
"Careful what you wish, you may regret it;
Careful what you wish, you just might get it".
If anything, I have only come to realize just how screwed up I really am.

But, well, at least now I know what I should be dealing with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment