Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Was a good year

So what did I do? In brief:

In the beginning of the year, I decided to start learning to play the Bass instead of the regular guitar.

Spent a month in India (just to get away from everything)

Spent another two in Denmark, where I devised and implemented new and more efficient protocols for Sharemind.

Missed a Metallica concert because of that (I had months mixed up).

In the summer, I wrote my PhD dissertation and then chose to postpone its defense until May 2011

Went to Australia for a conference again, and spent a marvelous week and a half in Cairns.

Just before that, I attended a wedding where two friends of mine got married. I was assigned the role of the guardian of the bride :)

In autumn, I took a lot of university courses, taught a few and also implemented the two division protocols for Sharemind.

Also formed a band with a few friends to have someone to practice together with.

Went to a conference in Japan. Saw the most beautiful gardens and natural scenery there.

Spent most of the year in a very weird communication pattern with M. Had a brief relationship with L. Learned a lot about myself in the process.

That learning is actually why I consider 2010 such a good year. I now know considerably more about myself than I did a year ago. This has made me a lot more self-confident and aware of what I want and need. And a lot more prone to search for solutions to problems rather than just complaining about them.

There is still a long road ahead, of course, but I am making progress, and at a completely reasonable pace. That is something to be happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment