Thursday, October 21, 2010

Estonians really cannot take compliments

Today, at the supermarket, I was loading my stuff onto the belt. There was a lot of it (I hadn't been to the store for over two weeks, I think). A woman came up behind me with just three items, and the clerk called to her saying that she should come before me, sso whe would not have to wait a long time. I relayed the message and the woman got her stuff checked out and paid for just as I finished unloading my basket.

I then said to the clerk "That was a really nice thing you did for that woman".. to which she replied apologetically "She just had three things, so it would not take too long... of course, that was unfair to you and... ". "I genuinely mean it, it was a nice thing you did.. Im in no hurry. No-one with as much stuff as I have could be. So it was a really nice thing you did".. but she still kept apologizing..

Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment