Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yesterday

We took a day-trip with Dominik to a small (Tartu-sized) town called Viborg. The choice was quite random - Dominik just told me to pick something out and so I did :P

After picking me up, we went to get Natasha, an Ukranian girl that he had met through the personals. Natasha spoke fluent german and fluent russian, but next to no english, however.. So conversation constantly shifted between languages - me and D. in english, D. and N. in german and occasionally me and N. in russian. My russian is pretty bad, but I think I still managed to undrstand most of what she said to me.. and to reply in a more or less meaningful way most of the time..

Viborg was nice - it had two beautiful lakes and a large (and fairly old) cathedral. And we got to the cathedral just in time for a public concert - they had a choir and an organist.. The choir was ok, but the organist was definately better. When one thinks of organ, one usually thinks of solemn and grim harmonies... well, the tune played there was quite the opposite - cheery, actually.

In the evening, I tried to salvage what I could from the over-salted rice I still had in the freezer. I cooked more rice and added that.. and also added some vegetables.. and if I hjad added meat, I would have rediscovered Pilaff for I had accidentally gotten the (relative doses of) spices just right for that dish.. not quite what I was originally going for but good nonethelss.

No comments:

Post a Comment