Saturday, February 27, 2010

India - Day 12

Im writing this as the islamic call to prayer is sounding throughout the city. Forgot to mention before that this happends 4 times a day here, as is usual in the islamic world. Hyderabad was originally an islamic city, but was dominated by Hindus for centuries. As I understand, islam has started to gain popularity here again in the past few years. Both men and women dressed in islamic traditional clothing are quite a common sight in here, but Tom sais that this was not so when he first came here.

Anyways, the scooter broke today so I will not be able to practice for a few days. Kind of sad, because I think I was already getting the hang of it.

I visited the national park that is nearby. I arrived at the gate at around 2, only to be told that the ticket clerk would arrive at 4. I spent the two hours thinking and reading and they passed fairly quickly.

The park itself was amazing. Despite being in the middle of a city, it really felt like being in the wild. Made me realise just how much I really need nature, as just walking around there made me feel balanced and serene, being a semi-religious experience. Has happened before - in China, Cologne and Australia, and in parks in all cases. There is clearly a pattern :)

My general conclusion for today:

(and I thank K. for reminding me that song existed about a year ago)

No comments:

Post a Comment