Sunday, February 21, 2010

India - Day 6

Initially, I thought today would be a very slow day. I had plans to go out for lunch with Dave and Alex, but otherwise, I decided to stay in and just read and practice bass. However, in the evening, the plans changed somewhat, as I was first invited to a party at a neighbours flat (who was a friend of Tom and needed help with computers) and then later to a party at some south african called Ragu (where we went together with Dave, Alex and two indian guys, one of whom drove). In there, the others watched cricket and we then played one round of Wii Bowling.

As the others were just drinking and doing the other usual male bonding stuff, I decided I would lose comparatively little by leaving early and just walking home. However, 100 m out of the door and I realized that these sandals were hurting my knees (as they were forcing me to walk in a somewhat unhealthy way). So I took them off and walked home barefoot.

So here comes yet another paragraph about the streets here, but this time from a new angle. Despite the fact that there is dust and rubble and trash everywhere around, the streets themselves are actually surprisingly clean and smooth. There were relatively few pebbles or grains of sand, so my soles could quite easily bare the 5 km I needed to walk. The surface was mainly tarmac (asfalt), but laid in quite a smooth way, something you could fairly easily rollerblade on, if you wanted to (not that the traffic here would allow for it, mind you). In general, it was an interesting experience, as I did not really think while walking here.. just.. flow, I guess.

To be honest, during the day today things got pretty bad in my head. Im just thankful that Ma. sent me an e-mail reminding me that people back home are still there. The evening was a bit better though. As long as I am not alone with my thoughts, everything is quite good here. However, I have spent nearly a week here and no noticeable progress has been made in my search for meaning. However, the search for being is going well, as it seems :)

The next two days I will probably spend working, fixing computers and laptops for Tom, the school and one other charity. It will probably do me some good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment