Saturday, February 20, 2010

India - Hard Rock Cafe Hyderabad

As I mentioned before, I hadn't seen any clubs around and assumed that only a few actually existed. This made it quite weird when Dave said that he was going to the Hard Rock Cafe with his friends. This I did not want to miss so I asked if I could join them. As it turned out, the cafe was only a kilometer away (i.e. VERY close). Others had already all had three beers and continued drinking there. I just drank two cokes (which was a mistake, in the hindsight as I am already having trouble sleeping due to jetlag).

Anyways, tonight was fun. Despite not drinking, I more or less kept up with Dave and Alex, sitting in a table with a bunch of germans and their indian boss, singing along to the Village People, Rammstein, Linkin Park and a few others. As the afforementioned indian spoke fluent english, I asked him about the clothing discrepancy mentioned in the earlier post. He said that breaking of tradition is much better tolerated in men, but that it is changing in the upper classes of the younger generation. He also told us of a more western-minded bar where we might actually meet some women who are not out to get married (as the HRC had male-to-female ratio of about 5-to-1). Whether I will go there will, of course depend on many factors but.. hell, it would be fun to see, at the very least.

Thoughts still invariably went to where they probably should not have, as there are relatively few people who have both consistently and successfully dragged me out to the town. However, today it was more of me just being thankful that they had indeed done it for otherwise I would currently be a very depressed nervous wreck. At the moment, I actually feel kind of good. It was fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment