Tuesday, February 23, 2010

India - Day 8

Today I went to visit the school for the second time and made a census of all the computers that they have. All of them seemed to be working, but there were these truly strange problems with power that initially made me suspect that power cables were faulty but I later shifted the blame to either the mains or extension cords.

We went out to eat into a really fancy place. Tom generally hates fancy places, but for some reason, he likes that one to the point of actually inviting us there. The food really was good, though.

Otherwise, a slow day yet again. On the ride to the school, I talked to Dave (who wants to become a lawyer) about burning out. I suggested he keep at least one hobby that would force one to physically relax, at least to some extent. He said he plans to keep up playing at least one instrument, but in general, sex seems to be the best solution. Guess what that made me think of. However, it seems I no longer obsessively think of M. as I used to. Thoughts go more along the lines of just giving up, on everything. Not much healthier, but a bit easier to evade, thankfully. For the time being, I try to take as much of a bystander view to my thoughts as I possibly can and just let things be as they are. Still, I worry about this month just leading me into a worse condition than I started from. However, only time will tell on that one.

With some luck, Tom will show me how to drive the scooter tomorrow. Should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment