Wednesday, February 24, 2010

India - Day 9

The back tire of the scooter broke as Tom was driving to the store. As such, me learning to ride it will probably have to wait. Reading Heinlein clearly does me no good, as he seems to believe that in the future, the hippie culture will have prevailed. That is not bad in itself, except for the sex-related themes which there are quite enough to spark my imagination.

One thing I have to mention, though. British cusine seems to have even more grease, fat and butter than american cuisine does, and that is saying something. Indian food, on the other hand, is spicy as hell most of the time, although I have already gotten quite used to it.

Im looking at my toy seal and I still think it is by far the cutest thing ever..

In short - yet another slow day :)

Edit: I went for a 3 hr walk to see Hitec city, which, as I was warned, did not really have much to see. However, the walk itself was quite nice, as I had not really gotten out much these past few days.

I finally got around to uploading some of the pictures from around the city. They are now up on picasaweb.

Something one friend of mine wrote kind of stuck in my head and made sense. Something about being easily swayed emotionally and thus preferring not to hang around overly depressive people. The downside of having a strong sense of empathy, I suppose. However, the main problem is that just acting cheerful only makes things worse, as empathy generally goes deeper than the acting can.

I think I am slowly regaining stability - feeling good about who I am and what I am doing at a given moment, rather than worrying what will happen in a month or so. This change of pace has allowed me to do some things I normally would not have. Actively writing a blog clearly being one of these things:)

No comments:

Post a Comment